Who We Are:
LabCorp is a leading global life sciences company that is deeply integrated in guiding patient care through its comprehensive clinical laboratory and end-to-end drug development services. The company provides diagnostic, drug development and technology-enabled solutions for more than 120 million patient encounters per year.
Each day, LabCorp employees have an opportunity to build rewarding careers and experience the satisfaction of knowing that the work they do improves health and people's lives.
About the Opportunity: Our LabCorp facility at Fort Sam Houston Brook Army Medical Center is looking for a dynamic individual to be a part of our STAT Lab as a Specimen Processing Specialist. As a Specimen Processing Specialist you will be responsible for receiving specimens, confirming physician orders, obtaining the necessary information for testing specimens, preparing the specimens for testing and preparing specimens to be forwarded to other laboratories including reference laboratories. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Prepare laboratory specimens for analysis and testing
- Enter patient results using CHCS software
- Spin samples, pour urine tubes, and create frozen samples
- Pick up and deliver samples to clients/hospitals
- Unpack and route specimen to their respective staging areas
- Accurately identify and label specimens
- Pack and ship specimen to proper testing facilities
- Properly prepare and store excess specimen samples
- Process all necessary paperwork to process and submit specimen
- Data entry of patient information in an accurate and timely manner
- Perform audits in order to resolve any outstanding issues
If you're looking for a career that offers opportunities for growth, continual development, professional challenge and the chance to make a real difference, apply today!
To learn more about LabCorp go to https://www.labcorp.com/about-us and to apply.
Successful Candidates will have:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years of medical/clinical laboratory experience is preferred but not required
- Professional customer service
- Comfortable handling biological specimens
- Ability to accurately identify specimens
- Experience working in a team environment
- Strong data entry and organizational skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Proficient in MS Office
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs
- Able to pass a standardized color blind test
ScheduleMonday - Friday: 7:30am - 4:00pm with overtime as needed