Advance your career in information technology (IT) with The World's Leading Health Care Diagnostics Company.
Each day, LabCorp employees have an opportunity to build rewarding careers and experience the satisfaction of knowing that the work they do can help save lives. If you are looking for a career that offers opportunities for growth, continual development, professional challenge and the chance to make a real difference, connect to LabCorp.
The Enterprise Platform Services team at LabCorp is seeking a talented and motivated Senior Cloud Engineer for its RTP/Durham location. You will be responsible for researching, architecting, and engineering solutions for LabCorp's Enterprise Platform Services team in cloud architectures.
The Senior Cloud Engineer leverages broad technical knowledge of public, private, and hybrid cloud architectures to deliver solutions which align with the guiding principles of a stable, scalable, and secure environment. The individual will leverage automation technologies to rapidly deliver environments while maintaining configuration management across the enterprise. Additionally, you will work collaboratively with the architecture, security, development, DevOps, and QA teams to ensure that projects are delivered on time with the highest quality standards.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Architecting, building, and operating highly available, fault tolerant, scalable, and secure systems on premise and in the cloud
- Design of application components that are standards based, highly performant, and comply with organizational standards and procedures
- Function as team leader with responsibility to set direction on technologies, processes, and procedures within the team.
- Lead efforts to develop standard practices, components, guidelines for use of complex technology components.
- Experience in the design and configuration of AWS services such as VPC, ECS, Auto Scaling, ELB, EC2, Lambda, S3, EFS, IAM, Security Groups, DynamoDB, RDS, ACM, Cloudwatch, Kinesis, SNS, and SES.
- Experience using automation technologies such as Ansible and AWS CloudFormation to automate server builds, installation, configuration, and change management
- Experience working with web servers such as Apache or Nginx
- Experience working with application servers such as Apache Tomcat and Node.js
- Experience working with micro-service technologies such as Docker
- Experience in the design and configuration of API Gateway technologies such as AWS API Gateway, WS02 API Manager, IBM API Connect
- Experience with technologies such as Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana
- Strong knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems
- Solid understanding of network topology and technologies such as firewalls, load-balancers, DNS, VPN, NAT
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities with strong organization and planning skill-set
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Experience and strong knowledge of DevOps
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting Java applications, SOA, web services (REST and SOAP)
- Knowledge of Systems Development Life Cycle methodologies and process flows
- Experience working in Agile Teams and Daily Scrums
- Experience working within a hybrid cloud deployment model
- Experience working with Dynatrace
- Experience working with Splunk
License/Certification/Education: Normally requires a B.S. Degree in Computer Science with 10 years of experience in related field.
- Bachelor-level degree in engineering, information technology, or computer science is required. Master's degree is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of information technology experience, including architecture and design experience in cloud environments. 10+ years is preferred.
Competitive candidates for this role will possess the following:
- Goal oriented with high standards for quality and performance
- Adaptability and willingness to learn new tools and applications
- Advanced problem solving and troubleshooting skills and the ability to facilitate the resolution of complex issues with innovative solutions
- Ability to lead discussions with all levels of the organization and provide balanced information of an idea or communication of an issue regardless of written or verbal
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work load and meet project deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across project teams
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines
- Strong mentoring skills
Schedule8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday