Manager, Middleware Engineering
Advance your career in information technology (IT) with The World's Leading Health Care Diagnostics Company.
Each day, LabCorp employees have an opportunity to build rewarding careers and experience the satisfaction of knowing that the work they do can help save lives. If you are looking for a career that offers opportunities for growth, continual development, professional challenge and the chance to make a real difference, connect to LabCorp.
The Enterprise Platform Services team at LabCorp is seeking a talented and motivated Manager for an exciting opportunity. The Manager of Middleware Engineering will be responsible for research, architecture, engineering, and support of LabCorp's Middleware platforms.
The Manager of Middleware Engineering will provide leadership and subject matter expertise and will work closely with various IT and business organizations to ensure that projects are delivered on time with the highest quality standards.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- In partnership with IT leadership, sets direction, plans and manages the people and performance of the Middleware Engineering team (hiring staff, developing job descriptions, performance appraisals, employee training and development)
- Leads research on emerging technologies to drive innovation to deliver a stable, scalable, and secure environment and effectively communicate solutions within the team and to various levels of management.
- Development of a Middleware roadmap, the strategy for implementation, and ability to deliver results
- Leverage automation technologies to rapidly deliver environments while maintaining configuration management across the enterprise.
- Manage the life cycle of the middleware platform (installation, upgrade, patching, maintenance)
- Manage efforts to support day to day operations, monitoring, and problem resolution for any issues that arise with administered systems
- Manages day to day budget expenses, vendor relationships and contracts.
- Experience using automation technologies to automate server builds, installation, configuration, and change management
- Experience implementing and supporting Containers as a Service (CaaS) utilizing Kubernetes for container orchestration
- Experience in the design and implementation of N-Tier architectures
- Experience working in Agile Teams and Daily Scrums
- Experience and strong knowledge of DevOps
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting Java applications, SOA, web services (REST and SOAP)
- Knowledge of Systems Development Life Cycle methodologies and process flows
- Experience working within a hybrid cloud deployment model
- Solid understanding of network topology and technologies such as firewalls, load-balancers, DNS, VPN, NAT
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities with strong organization and planning skill-set
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- 4-Year Bachelor-level degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Engineering is required.
- Minimum 5 years of direct technical experience on infrastructure architecture, design, and implementation best practices with hands-on administrative experience with core technologies -- API Gateway, web server, application server, integration bus, and message oriented middleware.
- Minimum 3 years of demonstrated people management experience motivating and leading a technical team.