Technologist (MT) - Microbiology
Our technology is second to none and so are our Medical Technologists. Whether it’s genomic testing, ensuring quality, or pioneering new research, our Medical Technologists continue our 35-year tradition of being one of the premier testing laboratories in the world. Sound like an amazing opportunity? Learn more about the role below and apply.
- Full Time
- Entry to mid-level
- Minimal travel
What does it take to be a successful Medical Technologist at LabCorp? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right combination of talents.
- Detail-oriented 8
- Responsible 10
- Positive 9
- Independent 7
- Patient 8
- Confident 7
Our Benefits / Perks
LabCorp offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, holiday pay, and up to 144 hours of paid time off per year.
Paid Time Off
Life and Disability Insurance
Would you like to be a part of a team that plays a critical role in providing quality patient care and improving lives? Come join us at LabCorp!
LabCorp (NYSE: LH), an S&P 500 company, is a leading global life sciences company that is deeply integrated in guiding patient care, providing comprehensive clinical laboratory and end-to-end drug development services. With a mission to improve health and improve lives, LabCorp delivers world-class diagnostic solutions, brings innovative medicines to patients faster and uses technology to improve the delivery of care. LabCorp reported net revenues of over $10 billion in 2017.
The North Central Division of LabCorp Diagnostics services patients and clients throughout a 9 state region, providing over 4,700 comprehensive diagnostic testing options. Come grow with us!
We are seeking a Medical Technologist to join or Microbiology team at the Dublin, OH lab.
Technologist/Technician Microbiology job duties:
- Performs routine and complex technical procedures and functions according to departmental Standard Operating Procedures.
- Monitors, operates and troubleshoots instrumentation such as but not limited to Vitek 2, Vitek Mass Spectrometers, Microscan, Euroimmune workstation, Cepheid, BacT alert.
- Demonstrates the ability to make technical decisions regarding testing and problem solving.
- Able to resolve technical, computer, and customer service problems within the Microbiology department.
- Must be flexible with time and adaptable to change.
- Ability to deliver quality patient care while maintaining efficiency.
- Strong organization skills are required.
- Performs preventive maintenance and quality control with appropriate documentation and communication.
- Assists in processing of specimens when needed.
- Required to complete at least twelve hours of medical/technical continuing education annually.
- Demonstrates the initiative and ability to provide feedback that is useful and assists in individual improvement.
- Assists with the Medical Laboratory Science students on rotation in the department.
- Promotes a cohesive and positive work environment and identifies resolutions to improve moral.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate respectfully with coworkers, staff, customer service and clients.
- Maintains a safe environment. Wears appropriate personal protective equipment as designated by lab area
Candidates who qualify as an MLT (ASCP certification required) will also receive consideration for this position.