At LabCorp we have a passion in helping people live happy and healthy lives. Every day we provide vital information that helps our clients and patients understand their health. Are you passionate about helping people and have a drive for service - LabCorp could be a great next career step.
We are searching for a patient focused and results driven Laboratory Manager to lead our Microbiology team in Dublin, OH. This role will oversee all technical aspects of the Microbiology department, and also function as a mentor to technical supervisors within Microbiology department.
You must have the ability to relate professionally with people, analytical abilities, motivate others, possess strong organizational skills, time management, train employees/ensure competencies, exemplary written and verbal communications (with all levels of the organization), supervisory skills.
- Manage daily operations of a Microbiology department within a large-scale clinical reference laboratory
- Monitor status of testing, delays, lost specimens, lab accidents, and inform senior management of issues
- Interact with Sales team for client questions or concerns
- Conduct daily technical supervisor meetings and oversee daily regional operations meetings
- Monitor, approve, and make improvements to laboratory expenditures
- Maintain accountability in technical departments for testing completion, training & competency, staffing & overtime, and supervisory responsibilities
- Serve as liaison to clients, management, staff, and vendors for resolution of issues
- Drive continual improvement processes across all departments
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology, Biology, Chemistry, or related discipline
- 5+ years of progressive supervisory/management experience in a reference laboratory
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Thorough understanding of regulatory requirements for clinical laboratories (CLIA, CAP)
- Excellent interpersonal, people management, team building, and mentoring abilities
- Ability to understand supply chain processes and the interactions between all parts of an operation
- Candidate must pass a standardized color vision screening
- ASCP-accredited Medical Technologist/Clinical Laboratory Scientist
- Prior Laboratory Supervisory experience, especially within a Microbiology lab
- Experience working in an ISO 15189-accredited laboratory