Technical Director / Assoc. Technical Director - Microbiology
Our technology is second to none and so are our Medical Technologists. Whether it’s genomic testing, ensuring quality, or pioneering new research, our Medical Technologists continue our 35-year tradition of being one of the premier testing laboratories in the world. Sound like an amazing opportunity? Learn more about the role below and apply.
- Full Time
- Entry to mid-level
- Minimal travel
What does it take to be a successful Medical Technologist at LabCorp? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right combination of talents.
- Detail-oriented 8
- Responsible 10
- Positive 9
- Independent 7
- Patient 8
- Confident 7
Our Benefits / Perks
LabCorp offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, holiday pay, and up to 144 hours of paid time off per year.
Paid Time Off
Life and Disability Insurance
Join LabCorp Diagnostics and you'll be a part of an innovative life sciences company that is deeply integrated in guiding patient care and providing comprehensive clinical laboratory services. With a mission to improve health and improve lives, LabCorp delivers world-class diagnostic solutions and pioneers new diagnostic technologies to improve the delivery of care. As a member of the LabCorp team, you will support a dedicated staff in resulting over 500,000 clinical samples a day, a volume that demands the most accurate and precise analysis possible. You'll join a collegial scientific staff who appreciates that on the other side of every sample, is a person who depends on us! LabCorp is a leader in laboratory medicine and we strive to meet the rapidly evolving healthcare needs.
Be involved with work that matters. Join LabCorp and be a part of our team bringing laboratory diagnostics to a new level.
The Mid-America Division of LabCorp is seeking a Technical Director with strong Clinical Microbiology knowledge and expertise to join its team! The successful candidate will function as Mid-America's Lead Microbiologist and will require a strong background and experience in all areas of Clinical Microbiology.
- Work in conjunction with LabCorp's corporate team of Microbiology Discipline Directors and senior staff from Science and Technology, Supply Chain and National Office of Quality to implement and continuously improve LabCorp's SOPs, Quality and Service goals
- Effectively communicate with clients, physicians, pathologists, and Medical Directors, and laboratory staff
- Foster a world class culture for operational and quality performance
- Project credibility and build rapport with medical doctors and LabCorp clients
- Consistently provide medical clients with definitive answers based on technical/LabCorp knowledge or conducted research
- Attend client meetings, as necessary, to support business development or address customer's concerns
- Coordination with the Divisional Quality Assurance Departments to ensure continuous compliance with regulatory requirements
- Ensure quality of results accuracy for all testing, including personnel and instrument performance
- Ensure laboratory operations are efficient and effective
- Coordination with local and Divisional management to identify and drive both quality and operational continuous improvement efforts
- Guide implementation of new assays and instrumentation within the laboratory sites
- Participate in, reviews, and approves validation studies, providing accurate and timely data
- Remain current with scientific advances and other clinical literature, offering perspectives on improvements, such as effectiveness of patient report
- PhD in Life Sciences or MD. Fellowship in a Clinical Program is desirable
- 3-7 years of industry related experience
- Board Certification in Clinical Microbiology or board eligibility required
- Previous background as a Medical Technologist is ideal
- General Clinical Microbiology experience in a large independent laboratory and experience within a large hospital system is highly desirable
- Depth and breadth of clinical experience understanding validation, quality management, proficiency testing, CLIA standards, and operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Deductive reasoning/analytical skills to achieve resolution to customer inquiries or laboratory opportunities/issues
- Strong interest and aptitude to educate
- Influence/leadership skills to work with laboratory staff, developing capabilities and engagement in problem-solving skill development
- Knowledge of quality standards and accountable for providing accurate results
- Experience or working knowledge of ISO15189 is beneficial