Technologist (1st Shift)
The Esoterix division at LabCorp is seeking a Technologist to join their team in Calabasas, CA! Esoterix provides esoteric testing for hospitals and physician specialists, primarily specializing in endocrinology and GI testing. Esoterix goal is to provide primer laboratory services that positively impact patient care and cost-effective medical treatment.
The primary functions are to perform laboratory tests on human specimens, provide constant and direct technical oversight of the test activities of other laboratory personnel and to review assays and release test results.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provides technical oversight of laboratory personnel with constant and direct supervision of their test-assisting activities.
- Tests specimens according to established procedures.
- If assay performs according to specifications, reports results via instrument interface or manual entry in the LIS.
- Follows standard operating procedures regarding acceptance and rejection of results including reviewing all quality control acceptability and recording all remedial actions if runs are not acceptable. Alerts management to problems in quality control methods and procedures.
- Performs preventative maintenance on equipment, documents PM appropriately, makes minor repairs and immediately contacts appropriate personnel for problems requiring more complex repairs.
- Develops an ever-increasing understanding of laboratory medicine and the clinical significance of laboratory results.
- Adheres to the standard operating procedures and safety requirements of Esoterix, CLIA, CAP and other regulatory bodies.
- Documents all activities as necessary including preventative maintenance logs, instrument function checks, troubleshooting, and quality control to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Follows any other job-related instructions and performs any other job related duties requested by department management.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Biology, Chemistry or in a life sciences related field.
- California state license or CCS/CLS ASCP designation.
- New graduates with one year of experience accepted at this level.