Location Calabasas, California, Calabasas Highlands, California Job ID 19-78366
- Perform a variety of laboratory tests and assays in accordance with established policies, procedures and regulations in a designated technical department.
- Interpret results, subject to verification by Technologist/Supervisor, and providing allowance by State regulations.
- Handle full blood specimens.
- Prepare and test DNA.
- Intakes for molecular testing.
- Interact with clients to verify testing and obtain missing paperwork.
- Notify clients as needed to be aware of positive CF results.
- Perform extraction of DNA from various sources.
- Perform PCR setup and processing.
- Perform gel and capillary electrophoresis.
- Perform various manual and automated pipetting tasks.
- Adhere to all OSHA, CLIA, HIPAA, ISO and other regulatory body requirements.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in biology, chemistry, analytical chemistry or related science.
- 1 year minimum of clinical or hospital laboratory experience.
- Experience with DNA extraction and quantitation PCR, qPCR, mutation analysis.
Familiarity with the following skills preferred:
- Sanger sequencing Automation platforms.
- Literature review for variant analysis.
- General communication skills: written, verbal, telephone and able to work independently within a team structure.