Technician (1st Shift)
Calabasas, California, Calabasas Highlands, California
Our technology is second to none and so are our Medical Technologists. Whether it’s genomic testing, ensuring quality, or pioneering new research, our Medical Technologists continue our 35-year tradition of being one of the premier testing laboratories in the world. Sound like an amazing opportunity? Learn more about the role below and apply.
- Full Time
- Entry to mid-level
- Minimal travel
What does it take to be a successful Medical Technologist at LabCorp? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right combination of talents.
- Detail-oriented 8
- Responsible 10
- Positive 9
- Independent 7
- Patient 8
- Confident 7
Our Benefits / Perks
LabCorp offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, holiday pay, and up to 144 hours of paid time off per year.
Paid Time Off
Life and Disability Insurance
The Esoterix division at LabCorp is seeking a Technician to join their team in Calabasas, CA! Esoterix provides esoteric testing for hospitals and physician specialists, primarily specializing in endocrinology and GI testing. Esoterix goal is to provide primer laboratory services that positively impact patient care and cost-effective medical treatment.
As a laboratory technician, your responsibilities will be to:
- Work with a team of licensed technologists to participate in processing specimen testing
- Work on multiple types of Assays
- Interpret results of the assays
- Have knowledge of instrumentation, for example pipettes, ELISA assays and mass spectrometer just to name a few
- Understand the SOP's of the Lab
- Mix reagents that are used to test specimens
- Have the ability to multi-task on the different assays as well as other duties in the lab
Some benefits that working with LabCorp and the Esoterix lab have to offer are:
- A 4-day work week schedule during day shift and has an on-site approved Medical Technologist training program for those who are interested in furthering their career
- Growth Opportunities within the Lab
- Close knit team and family environment
- Health, Vision and Dental Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- And so much more
- Bachelor's Degree in Biology, Chemistry or in a life sciences related field.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced learning environment
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Team player