Research and Development Project Specialist
Location Calabasas, California, Calabasas Highlands, California Job ID 19-77933
Supports the research, development, validation, implementation and troubleshooting of new test methods and bioanalytical technologies.
Essential Job Duties:
- Assist in the design and execution of development and validation experiments.
- Analyze and evaluate results and effectively present data.
- Familiarity and experience with immunoassays a plus.
- Maintain lab notebooks, raw data binders and other documentation using Good Documentation Practices.
- Assist in authoring and updating SOPs, validation plans and reports, and reagent preparation records.
- Manage R&D resources including refrigerators, freezers, lab areas and equipment.
- Assist with troubleshooting of test methods when necessary.
- Assist with assay automation development.
- Use the internal laboratory information system for sample management.
- Adhere to the SOPs and safety requirements of Esoterix, CLIA, CAP and other regulatory agencies.
- Communicate effectively, both verbal and written.
- Collaborate with internal departments to ensure smooth method transfer from R&D to production.
- Ensure training requirements and records are up to date.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in a life science field of study or a related scientific field (Biology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Chemistry, etc.).
- 2 years of clinical research and development lab experience.
- Experience in protein science.
- Wet lab testing experience.