Performs supervisory duties in Routine Lab and Manual Pipetting Tuesday to Saturday 10pm to 6:30am and reports to Routine Lab director. Assists and performs duties related to laboratory operations. Oversees the Hamilton and Sample Storage Departments as needed.
Essential Job Duties:
- Participates in specimen testing and batch reporting according to established procedures.
- Maintains excellence in meeting turnaround time.
- Leads audit preparations as directed by the management team.
- Performs supervisory duties such as time-keeping and employee evaluation.
- Creates department's daily schedule.
- Performs weekly reagent and supply inventory and ordering.
- Trains new employees with Routine Lab instrument operation.
- Performs preventative maintenance on Routine Lab instruments, documents PM appropriately, makes minor repairs and immediately contacts appropriate personnel for problems requiring more complex repairs.
- Adheres to the standard operating procedures and safety requirements of Esoterix, CLIA, CAP and other regulatory bodies.
- Documents all activities as necessary including preventative maintenance logs, instrument function checks, troubleshooting, and quality control to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Participates in projects that require training and following established guidelines.
- Reviews SOPS and makes recommendations and updates upon supervisory approval.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a life science field of study.
- 5 years of erelated laboratory experience.
- Must meet all State & Local licensing requirements where the laboratory is located and must meet CLIA requirements.
- Clinical Laboratory Scientist or Clinical Chemistry Scientist license.