Test Automation Engineer/Jr. Software Developer
LabCorp is seeking a Test Automation Engineer/Jr. Software Developer for its Burlington, NC location. This highly technical position will be responsible for identifying, planning and executing test automation activities in an Agile/Scrum environment while ensuring high quality software and ensure compliance according to regulatory statutes, policies and procedures. Create test automation scripts for GUI applications, including Java/.Net/VB, Web Services/APIs and custom-designed automated solutions. Perform manual testing as needed to understand application processes and workflows in order to convert into automated test scripts. Create and maintain automated test scripts in defined repository, integrate scripts into the continuous delivery pipeline and provide output reporting for test execution runs. Manage and organize test data and perform data analysis. Develop and maintain quality repositories to assure quality data integrity, including IBM DB2, Oracle and Sybase database platforms. Communicate QA risks, milestones, and status to the QA lead or Project Manager. Review and verify functional and system requirements to ensure project deliverables pass QA criteria. Provide work estimates for testing activities. Assist in the setup and maintenance of QA test environment and tools. Collect and report on quality statistics and metrics. Record and monitor discovered defects and QA related issues. Participate in quality related discussions. Promote continuous improvement and improve test cycle duration through the use of testing tools.
In addition, the job requirements for Test Automation Engineer/Jr. Software Developer:
- Self-managing with the ability to control the analysis and quality processes throughout the software lifecycle while continuously driving quality into the overall work process.
- Ability to project, schedule and track assigned tasks or tasks of others; able to determine scope and provide input to manage work effort, project resourcing and risks as required.
- Design, develop and implement test automation framework using automation tools such as Rational Integration Tester (RIT), ReadyAPI/Postman, Selenium scripting
- Execute manual scripts and convert into automated test scripts (service and UI).
- Experience setting up virtualized services/automated scripts to interface with databases or other data sources
- Experience testing and interfacing with middleware components such as message queue layer, ETL transfers, OSB/ESB, IIB
- Experience implementing automate capabilities on various platforms (Mainframe- MUMPs, Cache, VB, .NET, Java, etc.)
- Experience building custom automated solutions (java programs, scripts, etc.) that interface/simulate lab instrumentation/equipment
- Software development coding skills on various platforms (Java/J2EE, .NET, VB, Unix scripting, etc.)
- Experience in Java Servlets, JSP, EJB (session Beans and Message Driven Beans), JMS, JDBC, Frameworks (Struts, spring, Hibernate, JSF) in Implementing web based and enterprise solutions
- Service Oriented Testing Tools (ReadyAPI/SOAP NG, XML WSDL testing)
- Back end validation of DB2, Oracle, Big Data Platforms and SQL Server databases
- Experience working with AWS technology
- Provide peer support, Production support during normal or off-hour timeframes
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) or equivalent in Electrical or Electronics Engineering, Computer Science.
- 5-7 years hands-on Automation or Development experience.
- Experience using both Agile and Waterfall testing methodologies.
- Ability to analyze complex processes and systems, identify test automation opportunities and implement effective solutions.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Must be able to work independently in the absence of supervision.
- Experience in the healthcare industry is a plus but not required.
- Experience with various application types (mainframe, web based, client/server, COTS, services, etc.).
- Ability to provide detailed testing documentation to developers/automation engineers in clear concise method.