Are you looking for a career that offers opportunities for growth, continual development, professional challenge and the chance to make a real difference? Are you an experienced Medical Lab Professional or desire to start your career in Medical Lab Science? If so, LabCorp wants to speak with you about exciting opportunities to join our team as a Technologist in our Molecular Microbiology Lab located Burlington, NC. In this position, you will work in a fast paced, customer focused, and challenging environment.
Assays performed in the Molecular Microbiology area include Qualitative and Quantitative PCR, with the overall goal of providing results that can be used for the diagnosis and management of a wide range of infections using real-time PCR detection of nucleic acid.
This position will have a Baylor schedule and seconf shift hours from Saturday-Sunday 2:00pm-2:30am and Monday 2:00pm-10:30pm. As a Baylor employee, you would be scheduled for 32 hours but eligible to be paid for 40 hours.
We are open to experienced Technician's with an Associates in Medical Laboratory Technologist.
- Evaluate specimens and test order; determine priority of work and batches to maintain acceptable turn-around-time; recognize unacceptable and unusual specimens and handle appropriately
- Perform testing on biological samples, quality control samples and proficiency samples making measurements and calculations.
- Maintain and clean instrumentation; perform scheduled and as needed maintenance and critical function; trouble shoot as indicated.
- Evaluate raw and final data for accuracy; recognize and correct errors and unusual results; interpret results to produce a final report
- Make controls; such as, Internal, Positive or Negative Controls and etc.
- Manage the movement of materials/samples that are being processed.
- The ability to cross train on multiple assays.
- The ability to create an effective work flow with effective time management is crucial.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Must have a BA/BS degree in Biology, Chemistry, Medical Technology, or other related science
- At least 1 year of experience in a clinical laboratory
- Noted academic or professional experience in PCR, Microbiology, and/or Molecular Microbiology preferred
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to work in a team oriented environment.
- Color blindness testing will be required upon hire
ScheduleSaturday-Sunday 2:00pm-2:30am and Monday 2:00pm-10:30pm (scheduled 32 hours per week but paid for 40 hours per week)