Technologist (1st Shift)
LabCorp is seeking a Technologist to join our Immunology lab team in Burlington, NC! The Serology (Diagnostic Immunology) Department, located within the Center for Esoteric Testing, offers a comprehensive menu of antibody testing methods for diagnosing and monitoring treatment of diseases. Assays performed in the in our department utilize a variety of scientific techniques including EIA, IFA, and other non-automated and automated procedures for Autoimmune and Infectious Disease testing. Open to entry level and Senior level candidates as well as Technicians with Associate MLT degrees.
- Prepare specimens for analysis; evaluate specimens and test orders; determine priority of work and batches to maintain acceptable turn-around-time; recognize unacceptable and unusual specimens and handle appropriately.
- Perform testing on biological samples, quality control samples and proficiency samples making measurements and calculations.
- Evaluate raw and final data for accuracy; recognize and correct errors and unusual results; interpret results to produce a final report.
- Maintain, calibrate, and clean instrumentation; perform scheduled and as needed maintenance and critical function checks recognizing significant changes in instrument function; trouble shoot as indicated.
- Perform required QC/QA duties including: following quality control rules; monitor controls for error detection and take corrective action; maintain laboratory records, maintenance logs, quality control charts, reagent and standard logs, and worksheets.
- Perform SRS and reference accept functions as required.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Must have a BA/BS degree in Biology, Chemistry, Medical Technology, or other related science as required by CLIA.
- 1-3 years of experience in a clinical laboratory preferred.
- Must be able to work in a team oriented environment.
- Color Blindness Testing will be required upon hire.