Sr. Clarity PPM Administrator
Ensures the project and portfolio management (PPM) system is developed, implemented, updated and maintained. The Clarity PPM Administrator supports the IT Shared Service function at LabCorp. This person is the system expert, builds portlets, creates and runs reports, and provides guidance and support to all system users.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary contact for all technical questions and issues related to Clarity PPM
- Ensures day-to-day PPM support is provided; collaborates with Hosting Vendor
- Plans, coordinates, tests and implements complex systems enhancements
- Drives timesheet compliance initiative and reports on metrics to Sr. Mgmt
- Maintains resource records to ensure accurate Role assignment and Rates are in system
- Develops and modifies complex reports, metrics and dashboards for management
- Prepares training and documentation materials; collaborates with training group; facilitates user training
- Mentors, coaches and trains end users
- Assists employees, vendors or other customers by answering questions related to complex PPM processes, procedures and services
- Manages vendor/consultant engagements; makes recommendations to management on improvements
- Manages PPM data maintenance processes, including mass updates and/or complex reportings
- Troubleshoots complex customer and system issues including, but not limited to, error messages, login difficulties, access denials, data issues and process failures
- Analyzes PPM upgrades to determine impact of workflow and configuration; manages testing for upgrades to avoid negative business impacts
- Completes testing when IT resources are used in collaboration with QA Analysts
- Reviews, researches, recommends and implements updates and fixes for PPM
- Stays current on the latest industry technologies, trends and strategies
- Experience managing application support activities
- Supports the use of SharePoint within the ITPMO (Project site creation and approval workflow)
- Other duties as assigned
- This position requires a minimum of five years progressive PPM technical experience; PPM tool experience is required.
- Proven understanding of Project, Program and/or Portfolio Management
- Demonstrated knowledge of multiple software development life cycle methodologies is needed.
- Advanced level computer experience, including skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio, SharePoint is necessary.
- Proven ability to identify complex problems, review information to develop and evaluate options, then implement solutions is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate across all levels of the organization and must be able to clearly articulate ideas both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to explain technical concepts in non-technical language is essential.
- The ability to work efficiently under pressure, accurately meet deadlines, present a professional demeanor and work well independently is essential.
- Customer service skills, including the ability to manage and respond to different customer situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude are essential.
- In addition, troubleshooting, organizational and problem solving skills with a can-do attitude and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are essential.