Specimen Processing Specialist
Location Burlington, North Carolina
Job ID 19-86528
- Prepare laboratory specimens for analysis and testing
- Spin samples, pour urine tubes, and create frozen samples
- Pick up and deliver samples to clients/hospitals
- Unpack and route specimen to their respective staging areas
- Accurately identify and label specimens
- Pack and ship specimen to proper testing facilities
- Properly prepare and store excess specimen samples
- Process all necessary paperwork to process and submit specimen
- Data entry of patient information in an accurate and timely manner
- Perform audits in order to resolve any outstanding issues
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1 year of medical/clinical laboratory experience is preferred
- Comfortable handling biological specimens
- Ability to accurately identify specimens
- Experience working in a team environment
- Strong data entry and organizational skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Proficient in MS Office
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs
- Able to pass a standardized color blind test
ScheduleMonday - Friday (10:00 AM -7:00 PM)
See how your skills can connect to an amazing career opportunity.
Inclusion and Diversity
Harnessing diversity for competitive advantage.
Join LabCorp as an intern and do work that makes a difference.
What you need to know about applying at LabCorp.
Back to Job Navigation (Explore More)