Senior Financial Analyst
Location Burlington, North Carolina
Job ID 19-86931
LabCorp Diagnostics is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst -- General Accounting for its Burlington, N.C. location.
- Analyze, monitor, and identify trends along with other descriptive or predictive information to determine the business impact and recommend actions to management.
- Provide guidance to Divisional Controllers by researching, analyzing, and developing an understanding of their financial statements.
- Improves financial status by analyzing results, monitoring variances, identifying trends and making recommendations to management.
- Prepares and reviews Divisional financial statements, including but not limited to journal entries, accruals and prepaid expenses.
- Collaborate with Divisional Finance and Corporate areas to support the team mission.
- Analyze accruals and prepaid schedules for month end close.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing assigned projects.
- Guides, trains and supports Staff as assigned.
- Structures, prioritizes and initiates approved procedures, policies and methods.
- Identify ways to streamline accounting operations to support the team mission.
- Reconciles transactions and submits corrections as required.
- Analyze data completely, accurately and within established timeframes.
- Reports on requested information, written or verbally, completely, accurately and within established timeframes, while maintaining clarity for the targeted audience.
- Continually improves upon an understanding of the Company, its business and systems.
Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting w/7+ years experience.
Knowledge |Skills | Abilities:
- Excellent analytical skills
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of General Office Procedures
- Exceptional PC skills required
- Integrated software experience or PeopleSoft skills, a plus
- Understands the relationship between P&L and balance sheet activities
- Possesses a working knowledge of accrual based accounting
ScheduleMonday through Friday, 8:00-5:00
See how your skills can connect to an amazing career opportunity.
Inclusion and Diversity
Harnessing diversity for competitive advantage.
Join LabCorp as an intern and do work that makes a difference.
What you need to know about applying at LabCorp.
Back to Job Navigation (Explore More)