Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings (NYSE:LH), an S&P 500 company is a leading life sciences company, providing comprehensive clinical laboratory and end-to-end drug development services. With a mission to improve health and improve lives, LabCorp delivers world-class diagnostics solutions, brings innovative medicines to patients faster and uses technology to provide better care. With net revenue in excess of $9 billion in 2016, LabCorp's 50,000 employees serve clients in 60 countries.
LabCorp is seeking a Programmer/Analyst for it's Burlington, NC location.
The individual in this role will be responsible for:
- Preparing detailed specifications for instrument interfaces, middleware platforms, supporting services, programs and/or applications.
- Designing, coding, testing, debugging, and troubleshooting these interfaces, services, programs and applications.
- Analyzing, reviewing, and altering programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt new requirements.
- Assisting with the support and maintenance of systems and applications involved with ToxAssure Decentralization.
- Providing on call support for production systems.
- Providing support during and post system implementations and conversions.
- Consulting with users to identify current operating procedures and clarify program objectives.
The individual in this role must have:
- Solid troubleshooting skills for enterprise level production systems, to include instrument interfaces, middleware platforms and Laboratory Information Systems.
- Ability to develop within InterSystems Cache' and Windows applications.
- Ability to develop within Laboratory Information Systems, instrument interfaces, and middleware platforms.
- Ability to develop technical design documentation using Microsoft Word, Visio and other tools.
- Ability to perform data modeling and system configuration.
- Working knowledge with CSP and Web Services.
- Ability to take initiative to learn existing applications through reviewing code and analyzing data.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Experience in Healthcare applications and systems.
RequiredSkills and Work Experience
A minimum of 5 - 7 years of experience developing applications for the Windows Family of OSs using Client Server or Web based architecture
A minimum of 5 years of Java and Spring experience
A minimum of 3 years of JPA/ORM (Hibernate), Junit, SQL, XML/XSD, JSON experience, Angular 2.X or later experience, Cache', Oracle
DesiredSkills and Work Experience
Java Messaging Service experience
WebLogic/WebSphere experienceRESTful Web Services experience