Patient Services Administrator - Operations Support
Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings (NYSE:LH), an S&P 500 company is a leading life sciences company, providing comprehensive clinical laboratory and end-to-end drug development services. With a mission to improve health and improve lives, LabCorp delivers world-class diagnostics solutions, brings innovative medicines to patients faster and uses technology to provide better care. With net revenue in excess of $9 billion in 2016, LabCorp's 50,000 employees serve clients in 60 countries.
LabCorp is seeking a Patient Services Administrator - Operations Support for its Burlington, N.C. location.
- Reviews, analyzes, evaluates and documents complex operation(s) workflow models, and evaluates complex data on standardization of field protocols. May lead a project team as necessary. Makes recommendations to management and coordinates implementation of new equipment / protocols / tools.
- As a member of the Corporate Operations team, the employee will act as a liaison between Operations Support and LabCorp's Operating Divisions. Represents Operations Support to both internal and external customers on matters of technical & service related (workflow) issues.
- Assists in the development and administration of processes and procedures for the efficient operation of the laboratory in accordance with corporate and regulatory guidelines.
- Proposes and participates in training, workflow engineering and standardization activities; provides recommendations applicable to laboratory and supply chain operations.
- Provides overall support to areas of responsibility and ensures consistent communication of current operations initiatives through participation in corresponding steering committee activities.
- Responsibilities include leadership components of significant Operations-oriented projects, including (but not limited to) current Project LaunchPad projects for Patient Services.
- Administers projects, as assigned by management, and performs other duties as required to meet the needs of the Operations Support and LabCorp's Operating Divisions. Ensures timely completion of projects and coordinated supporting resources in meeting the overall project deadlines.
Knowledge | Skills | Abilities
- Working knowledge of the technical aspects of phlebotomy, chain of custody drug testing and specimen quality, required
- Broad understanding of organization operating processes and strong understanding of financial measurements and goals
- Ability to define, build, and execute tasks outlined within the project scope, on schedule and within budget constraints
- Ability to deliver on promises, goals and expectations. Makes quality decisions and resolves problems rapidly
- Demonstrated ability to make courageous recommendations to drive significant organizational change
- Demonstrated planning and prioritization skills, along with the ability to multi-task and adapt.
- Able to synthesize large amounts of information and deliver results in a shifting environment
- Effective at dealing with ambiguity and high personal standards of ethics and integrity
- Possess Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be team-oriented with ability to bring people together, lead and direct in the development of specific goals and objectives.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Candidate should be able to ascertain stakeholders' needs and deliver oral and written communication at an appropriate level of detail
- Positive "can-do" attitude with a willingness to assume responsibility and ownership
- Work effectively with clients, both internal and external
- Strong problem solving skills and analytical abilities. Candidate should be able to assess analytical and/or reporting needs and create deliverables that address the situation
- Experience Leading/Managing teams
- Experience in project leadership, change management and cross-functional team management.
- Travel required 25-50% as necessary to provide operational support and implementation of projects and initiatives.
- Phlebotomy / Medical technology Background preferred
- Understanding of multi-site, clinical (diagnostic laboratory) operations and supply chain operations preferred
- Intermediate/Advanced Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word and other Microsoft products. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively through the use of these tools is required.
- Critical thinking with ability to bring holistic views and data management for data
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be able to analyze, summarize and provide extensive detail of findings when needed
- Working knowledge of query development and execution