IT Project Manager
Manages information technology projects from planning through implementation based on LabCorp's SLC. Creates project plans, identifies and secures resources and implements projects. Manages project milestones, budget and resources, and is accountable for successful project delivery. Coordinates activities and ensures effective communication to stakeholders and within the project team. Tracks project schedules, reports on progress and takes corrective action as needed.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Appropriately utilizes project management methodologies and tools for both Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Effectively facilitates meetings and cross-functional teams, and communicates effectively in relation to the audience.
- Develops and maintains project documentation to specifically address project scope, deliverables, project plans, cost tracking, resource usage, issue tracking and status reports for multiple and/or large, complex projects.
- Evaluates project risks, developing contingency plans and responding to change in risk as the project progresses.
- Develops escalation process to channel issues and concerns to appropriate parties.
- Oversees the implementation of the project(s) on a daily basis with regard to timeframes, budget requirements and quality.
- Effectively manages multiple priorities, initiatives and projects.
- Manages vendor relationships.
- Coordinates with various business areas to staff projects based on project requirements. Ensures project teams have the necessary skills and experience to complete projects successfully.
- Manages project stakeholders, including core team, steering committees and vendors as applicable and others. Coordinates activities and ensures effective communication within the project team. Leads meetings and facilitates effective communications to drive decisions and action items. Ensures project teams have the necessary skills and experience to complete projects successfully.
- Provides regular reports and project status updates to management, stakeholders and others. Highlights successes, concerns, milestones, resolved issues and other important information. Documents process standards as required.
- Facilitates project scoping, ensuring that issues are raised, necessary input is obtained and project work is outlined. Obtains scope approvals as required. Manages and obtains approval for any scope changes after initial approval.
- Manages project budgets, ensuring expenses stay within established guidelines. Justifies and obtains approvals for any changes to budgets.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Information Technology project management and related business experience preferred.
- Responsible for computer-oriented programs, multi-year projects consisting of multiple large sub-projects.
- Programs include custom development, COTS, and Vendor solution projects involving multiple regions/lines of business and integrations with other systems.
- Experience in Agile, Waterfall, and Iterative principles.
- Leadership skills and management experience required.
- Deeply integrated into business in order to implement complex programs.
- Strong communicator, comfortable speaking with executive levels in formal presentation settings.
- The typical project team is large and complex and pulled from all areas of Company.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Project management skills and abilities, with the ability to lead multi-disciplined and cross-functional teams.
- Ability to lead and motivate others to apply problem-solving skills and techniques.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs, with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence.
- General business understanding, including planning activities.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; ability to present and explain technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others and gains understanding.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills with all Employee levels.
- Expertise in setting and managing customer expectations.
- Strong knowledge in the use of portfolio and project management tools.
- Ability to perform root-cause analysis and problem resolution preferred.
Normally requires Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education with 7 yrs. Experience. Computer-oriented aptitude/affinity for technology. Project management certification preferred.