IT Project Manager
Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings (NYSE:LH), an S&P 500 company is a leading life sciences company, providing comprehensive clinical laboratory and end-to-end drug development services. With a mission to improve health and improve lives, LabCorp delivers world-class diagnostics solutions, brings innovative medicines to patients faster and uses technology to provide better care. With net revenue in excess of $9 billion in 2016, LabCorp's 50,000 employees serve clients in 60 countries.
LabCorp is seeking a Project Manager for it's Burlington, NC location. This position will be responsible for managing computer-oriented projects from planning through implementation. Creates project plans, gathers resources and implements projects. Manages project milestones and resources and is accountable for successful project delivery. Coordinates activities and ensures effective communication within project team. Tracks project schedules, reports on progress and takes corrective action as needed.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages computer-oriented projects. Manages entire project lifecycle from sizing and scoping project to implementation, closure and handoff to support, ensuring successful project completion and customer satisfaction.
- Builds project plans, including necessary deliverable and schedules. Ensures project plans meet strategic objectives of the business. Ensures project plan compliance and that documentation meets regulatory requirements.
- Facilitates project scoping, ensuring that issues are raised, necessary input is obtained and project work is outlined. Obtains scope approvals as required. Manages and obtains approval for any scope changes after initial approval.
- Coordinates with various business areas to staff projects based on project requirements. Ensures project teams have necessary skills and experience to complete projects successfully.
- Manages project stakeholders, including core team, steering committees and vendors as applicable and others. Coordinates activities and ensures effective communication within project team. Leads meetings and facilitates effective communications to drive decisions and action items.Provides appropriate escalation and resolution of issues and concerns.
- Manages project budgets, ensuring expenses stay within established guidelines. Justifies and obtains approvals for any changes to budgets.
- Provides regular reports and project status updates to management, stakeholders and others. Highlights successes, concerns, milestones, resolved issues and other important information. Document process standards as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Normally requires Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education with 2-5 years experience. Computer-oriented aptitude/affinity for technology. Project management certification preferred.
- Computer-oriented project management and related business experience preferred.
- Responsible for computer-oriented programs, multi-year projects consisting of multiple large sub-projects.
- Programs include ERP projects involving multiple regions/lines of business and integrations with other systems.
- Leadership skills and management experience required.
- Deeply integrated into business in order to implement complex programs.
- Strong communicator in the business, comfortable speaking with executive levels in formal presentation settings.
- Typical project team is large and complex and pulled from all areas of Company.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Project management skills and abilities, with ability to lead multi-disciplined and cross-functional teams.
- Ability to lead and motivate others to apply problem-solving skills and techniques.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs, with ability to establish and maintain high level of customer trust and confidence.
- General business understanding, including planning activities.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; ability to present and explain technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others and gains understanding.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills with all Employee levels.
- Expertise in setting and managing customer expectations.
- Strong knowledge in use of portfolio and project management tools.
- Ability to perform root-cause analysis and problem resolution preferred.
- Extensive sitting, phone and computer use.
- Extend and reach with hands and arms and use hands and fingers.
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crouch.
- May be required to lift, move and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Hearing acuity sufficient to effectively communicate via telephone and in person.
- Ability to communicate verbally on phone and in person.
- Fluency in the English language.
- Some travel may be required.
- General office environment.
- Normal office noise level, with occasional moderate noise.