Associate Technical Director - Immunology
LabCorp is seeking an Associate Technical Director to join its Clinical Scientist Development Program. This is an accelerated career path into a Technical Director role and is designed with your professional growth in mind. As a member of the elite Scientific Team, you will work alongside renowned experts, providing medical professionals with world-class diagnostic data. Furthermore, you will be in a position to quickly apply this new knowledge in a fast paced work environment as you consult and guide colleagues and physicians. As you advance into a Technical Director, you will oversee and ensure the accuracy of all testing in the lab.
- Review, interpret, and report patient results reliably, accurately, and with integrity
- Learn a wide variety of assays and develop deep expertise in healthcare and medicine
- Work with state of the art instrumentation and robotics
- Project credibility and build a strong rapport with medical doctors
- Guide the implementation of new assays and instrumentation
- Effectively communicate with clients, physicians, pathologists and laboratory staff
- Participate in, review and approve validation studies, providing accurate and timely data
- Keep up with scientific advances and other literature, offering perspectives about improvements, such as how a report reads
- Collaborate on ideas for process improvements
- Stay current on tests across the company
- Travel to different LabCorp facilities and learn the operation of the laboratories from a technical perspective
- Board Eligible or Board Certified post graduate, with a PhD in life sciences and experience in a clinical laboratory
- Area of expertise in one of the following disciplines; Immunology or Clinical Chemistry
- Deductive reasoning/analytical skills to reach resolution to customer inquiries or lab opportunities/issues
- Influence/leadership skills to work with lab staff, developing their capabilities and enrolling them in problem-solving/urgent matters
- Knowledge of quality standards and accountable for providing accurate results
- Ability to respond to stressful, urgent situations
- Deep expertise in chosen discipline
- Some experience within a clinical lab, understanding validation, quality control, proficiency testing, regulatory requirements
- Ability to travel to different facilities
Join LabCorp and you'll be a part of pioneering new diagnostic technologies. You'll support technicians as we test over 500,000 samples a day. And, you'll work alongside colleagues who appreciate that on the other side of every sample, is a person. A person who depends on us!
Do work that matters. Join LabCorp.