Our technology is second to none and so are our Medical Technologists. Whether it’s genomic testing, ensuring quality, or pioneering new research, our Medical Technologists continue our 35-year tradition of being one of the premier testing laboratories in the world. Sound like an amazing opportunity? Learn more about the role below and apply.
- Full Time
- Entry to mid-level
- Minimal travel
What does it take to be a successful Medical Technologist at LabCorp? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right combination of talents.
- Detail-oriented 8
- Responsible 10
- Positive 9
- Independent 7
- Patient 8
- Confident 7
Our Benefits / Perks
LabCorp offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, holiday pay, and up to 144 hours of paid time off per year.
Paid Time Off
Life and Disability Insurance
Responsible for daily data analysis and technical interpretation of all flow cytometry data generated in the clinical cytometry laboratory. Testing areas include leukemia and lymphoma phenotyping, DNA analysis, stem cell enumeration, Leukocyte adhesion deficiency, Bronchial Lavage (CD4:CD8), ZAP-70 and PNH by cytometry. Assists in specific laboratory projects as deemed appropriate by the clinical flow cytometry management staff and medical staff. Communicates with physicians and other clients regarding test results and interpretation when deemed appropriate by the medical direction of the group.
Essential job duties:
- Coordinates daily clinical cytometry workflow and data interpretation with other analysts and physicians within the group.
- Reviews on a regular basis with senior staff the daily technical systems for assurance of quality and efficiency.
- Assists general laboratory personnel regarding advisement of clients about specimen preparation, specimen requirements, test conditions and test procedures.
- Consults, when deemed appropriate by the medical supervision of the group, with staff and clients regarding technical interpretation of daily clinical cytometry cases.
- Works with QA/QC personnel in the development and oversight of daily work in the clinical cytometry laboratory.
- Participates in laboratory research and development projects as needed.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Medical Technologist (MT) or Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) degree
- MT/MLT TN State License
- 2 years of relevant clinical lab expereince.
- Flow Cytometry experience.