Histotechnician/Histotechnologist (1st Shift)
Interested in a challenging new career with advancement opportunities? Interested in making a difference in the lives of millions? Integrated Oncology is seeking a Histotechnician to join their team in Brentwood, TN, located right outside of Nashville. Integrated Oncology, part of LabCorp's Specialty Testing Group, provides reference anatomic pathology, hematopathology and molecular pathology testing services to hospitals, health systems and independent oncology practices. Integrated Oncology is focused on providing world class solutions to better the lives of patients living with cancer.
The Histotechnician will be responsible for performing all technical duties related to the production of histo-pathological slides and grossing tissue specimens.
The schedule for this positon will be Tuesday-Saturday, 9:00am-5:30pm
- Prepare slides for pathologists and external clients for interpretation
- Perform tissue embedding
- Perform routine and special microtomy procedures
- Perform routine and special stains
- Prepare and discard reagents and material per lab guidelines
- Perform grossing
- Accession and log specimens, maintain documentation of workload volume, quality control data and all appropriate records as required by the department, company and various regulatory agencies
- Operate and maintain tissue processors, embedding instruments and automated staining instruments
- Perform preventive maintenance on all histological instruments
- Maintain logs, QC routine and special stains
- Research, troubleshoot and resolve inquiries or problems within the laboratory
- Follow all technical standard operating procedures
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree with 1-3 years of experience in histology, or graduate of an accredited Histotechnology school/program with a minimum of 1 year of experience, or a High School Diploma with 5+ years histology experience.
- HT/HTL (ASCP) certification highly preferred