Technician - 3rd Shift - Birmingham, AL
Our technology is second to none and so are our Medical Technologists. Whether it’s genomic testing, ensuring quality, or pioneering new research, our Medical Technologists continue our 35-year tradition of being one of the premier testing laboratories in the world. Sound like an amazing opportunity? Learn more about the role below and apply.
- Full Time
- Entry to mid-level
- Minimal travel
What does it take to be a successful Medical Technologist at LabCorp? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right combination of talents.
- Detail-oriented 8
- Responsible 10
- Positive 9
- Independent 7
- Patient 8
- Confident 7
Our Benefits / Perks
LabCorp offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, holiday pay, and up to 144 hours of paid time off per year.
Paid Time Off
Life and Disability Insurance
LabCorp (NYSE: LH), an S&P 500 company, is a leading global life sciences company that is deeply integrated in guiding patient care, providing comprehensive clinical laboratory and end-to-end drug development services. With a mission to improve health and improve lives, LabCorp delivers world-class diagnostic solutions, brings innovative medicines to patients faster and uses technology to improve the delivery of care. LabCorp reported net revenues of over $10 billion in 2017.
- Performs laboratory tests and analyses according to established procedures in designated technical department.
- Responsible for patient specimens (blood, urine, fluids) from receipt in the lab, through preparation and processing, and ultimately through data analysis and result interpretation
- Perform sample testing analysis, proficiency testing analysis, quality control assessment, sample integrity assessment, and final review for reporting tests results
- Using both automated and manual analytical methods to perform daily job duties
- Troubleshoot issues and complete corrective action to ensure all laboratory operations are at acceptable levels
- Sample sorting racking and retrieving, both electronically and manually
- Identify and replenish testing bench supplies as necessary
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Requires a Medical Technologist Degree or equivalent, and city/state licenses or permits to qualify as a Technologist w/1-3 years' experience in a Clinical Laboratory.
- Experience as a Medical Technologist/Technician is preferred
- Knowledge of laboratory operations as well as policies and procedures
- ASCP Certification is a plus
- Familiarity with laboratory information systems (LIS) are a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
- Continuous education training on a yearly basis
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs.
- Microbiology Supervisor Birmingham, Alabama
- Specimen Accessioner - Third Shift - Birmingham AL Birmingham, Alabama
- Cytotechnologist - Birmingham, AL Birmingham, Alabama