Phlebotomist - Beaumont, TX
If you love to interact with patients and play a role in their overall healthcare experience, as our Phlebotomist, you’ll be able to do just that. Our technology is second to none in the industry, and you’ll work with new electronic reporting and accuracy tools, allowing you to focus on your patients with confidence and increase your success rates. Your tasks will include patient and specimen collection, packing and shipping of specimen, preparing samples in a safe and skillful manner. It is important work that requires sensitivity, accuracy and confidentiality. Your daily interaction with patients and sense of ownership will be essential to our success.
- Full Time
- Entry to mid-level
- Minimal travel
What does it take to be a successful Phlebotomist at LabCorp? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right combination of talents.
- Adaptable 7
- Compassionate 10
- Collaborative 8
- Detail-oriented 7
- Patient 8
- Quick-thinking 7
Labcorp is a great way to get your foot in the door. You will gain tons of experience. There are different areas you can move into. There is tuition reimbursement if someone is going to school. I like the management team. They are understanding and always willing to work with you. Benefits are very nice as well.~ Phlebotomist
Our Benefits / Perks
LabCorp offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) with company match, holiday pay, and up to 144 hours of paid time off per year.
Paid Time Off
- Perform blood collections by venipuncture and capillary techniques for all age groups
- Collect specimens for drug screens, paternity tests, alcohol tests etc.
- Perform data entry of patient information in an accurate and timely manner
- Process billing information and collect payments when required
- Prepare all collected specimens for testing and analysis
- Maintain patient and specimen information logs
- Provide superior customer service to all patients
- Administrative and clerical duties as necessary
- Travel to additional sites when needed
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver's license with clean driving record
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a patient service technician/phlebotomist and/or completion of an approved accredited phlebotomy training course
- Proficiency in the following: blood collection by venipuncture and capillary technique from patients of all age groups, urine drug screen collections, paternity collections, breath/saliva alcohol testing, LCM/Cyber Tools, TestCup, pediatric blood collections, and difficult draws(patients in long-term care facilities, drug rehabilitation facilities, prisons, psychiatric facilities, or similar facilities)
- Ability to pass a color blind test